7 Seafood Dishes for the Feast of Seven Fishes
Most Italian-Americans start December by celebrating their joy of gift wrapping, cookie swaps, cocktail parties, tree cutting, and home decorating with friends and family. They also love to celebrate Christmas Eve with delicious food. They generally prefer eateries that offer a number of delightful dining options for a great restaurant meal. The Feast of Seven Fishes is considered the most important Christmas Eve tradition that is prepared and enjoyed by many Italian-Americans.
Christmas Day is all about opening presents, enjoying casual brunch together in the morning, and then just relaxing and having fun with family and friends. So when it comes to preparing a Christmas Eve dinner, you might not feel like cooking. You might want to grab something from a seafood restaurant that serves Christmas dishes, whether you’re eating clams, octopus, fish-baccala, shrimp, cod, smelt, anchovies, or scallops as your evening meal.
There are many local options for the Feast of Seven Fishes. Here are some mouth-watering fish and seafood dishes that generally people order as a family Christmas Eve meal:
- Hot Crab Dip: Served with rich cheese, this dip can perfectly complement champagne or an ice-cold martini.
- Linguine with Red Clam Sauce: Do you love clams? This recipe prepares clams in a homemade tomato sauce. It gets even better with additional chopped clams and their juices in the sauce.
- Black Pepper Halibut Steaks with Roasted Tomatoes: You’ll definitely enjoy this classic coated beef steak in coarsely black peppercorns. Delish!
- Dover Sole a la Meuniere: This light and flaky melt-in-your-mouth pan-fried French dish is always a crowd favorite.
- Garlicky Shrimp Scampi: This is generally served to people as a first course with a light green salad and a lot of crusty sourdough bread. It tastes yummy with a special sauce that is a mixture of garlic, butter, lemon juice, white wine, and parsley.
- Whole Grilled Fish with Lemon: People love this simple yet elegant show-stopper dish. This is easily a main course that you could enjoy while it’s snowing outside.
- Linguine with Clams: Linguine with clams is one of the most popular Italian pasta dishes. Why not celebrate Christmas evening with one of your all-time favorite meals?
Are you ready to enjoy your favorite Christmas Eve food? The Clam Box is one of the best seafood restaurant in Brookfield that pleases customers with its luscious food. Make every evening special with The Clam Box!