Facts About Ice Cream
It’s hard to find those who are not ice-cream lovers. We celebrate the “Third Sunday of July” as National Ice Cream day and “July” as the National Ice Cream month, which was designated by the President Ronald Reagan in 1984.
But do you know some of the history and facts about these mouth-watering Ice Creams? We hope you will enjoy some of the cold and hard truths about the treat.
Interesting Facts about Ice Cream
- Americans are the top consumers of the Ice cream worldwide. On an average, per people of this country eat 48 pints of Ice cream every year.
- U.S. is the world largest producers of the ice cream.
- California is the largest Ice cream producer state in America.
- You will find ice creams in 87% Americans freezers at any given time.
- The most popular ice cream topping is chocolate syrup.
- In America, per person ate more than 20 quarts of ice cream.
- As per NASA, ice cream is among the top three lists that are often missed by astronaut on space missions apart from pizza and fizzy drinks.
- George Washington was the first U.S. president to eat ice cream on June 13, 1789.
- The world record for ice cream eating is 1.75 US gallons in 8 minutes.
- Most of the ice cream sold on Sunday than any other day of the week.
- The first ice cream cone was made by Italo Marchiony in New York City, but was got popular during 1904 World’s fair in St. Louis.
- “Brain freeze” activates when ice cream touches the roof of your mouth. It enlarges the blood vessels in the head.
- The top selling flavours are vanilla and chocolate.
- 5.8 pounds of whole milk and one pound of cream is required to make one gallon of ice cream.
Let us know how you found these amazing facts of the ice cream. We are sure while reading about this delight; you want to enjoy your favourite flavoured ice cream – Don’t you?
Dresser Hill’s Clam Box is the perfect place to hang out with your peers and families to enjoy our delicious ice cream flavour at dresser hills’. An amazing place to cool off at all seasons, mainly on a hot summer day. You would also enjoy our hand-battered fresh seafood, chowda, onion rings and so much more with gorgeous sunset, your pets and families.